Monday 25 September 2017

September Scrawlrbox


So this is Septembers box and I love it! Watercolours!!!!!

3 Tubes of Van Gogh Watercolours, (I've always wanted to do a photo of tubes of paint with some squeezed out).
Likey to use again? Yes! I love having different brands of watercolours in my paint box and these are quite big sizes in comparison to some I already own.

Seawhite Synthetic brushes, not the best for watercolours as synthetic doesn't hold as much water as sable brushes, also strong pigments stain them.
Likey to use again? Yes, its always good to have many brushes, and these will add to the seawhite brushes I got in February's box

Pentel correcting pen, I think I would have preferred a white watercolour pencil to this as this comes out quite thick. The prompt was Space Mask so we would use this for stars but its really big, at least a white watercolour pencil could be shaved and the pigment mixed with water and then you could splatter the paint with a brush over the piece to create random stars.
Likey to use again? Sort of, I will add it to my stationary collection.

And Finally Watercolour pencils by Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth. I like these, the colours are a good choice for the prompt I would have liked a purple but you can make it with the blue and pink. As I said above you can get a knife or sharpen these pencils (removing the wood shaving) and mix the pigment with water and you get a homemade watercolour pan. Which gives you a much stronger colour than if you coloured the paper and went over with water. 
Likey to use again? Yes, I already have a few watercolour pencils (derwent) and these will add more colours.

The prompt was Space mask, I have already done something but I want to add more detail to it.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...