Wednesday 24 January 2018

Scrawlrbox December 2017

Well Blogmas went well didn't it? lol, lets just brush that under the carpet and talk about December's Scrawlrbox:


I loved everything about this box, the gold watercolours (in 6 colours!) the wide water brush, the Derwent pencil and the Micron pen. They also gave us two different types of paper to use as the gold would look lovely on black. Though the box was essentially the same as November's box (gold, line marker, pencil) I didn't want to do anything that was too similar to my Koi piece.

The prompt was Mythical Creatures so I was going to do a dragon but I really wanted to draw a skull so why not a Unicorn skull. I couldn't do a gold circle as the background as the horn was already gold and it wouldn't stand out so I tried something different and not my usual style. Initially I didn't like it but after leaving it alone for a while it grew on me.


Anyway January's box arrived this week, already done something with the materials as I was super excited and inspired by something else I bought this week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...